Rossi has said he will decide in the first four or five races if the 2016 season as to whether he will commit to anther two years. Contracts these days he says are for two years. He did the same in 2014 , checked out how things were before committing to two more years. So for Rossi it will be two more years or nothing. If he takes that two year contract he will be 39 when he comes to the end of it. THAT IS PHENOMENAL, And still he's competitive, would have won last year without the interference of Marques on behalf of Lorenzo. Theses young kids still can't really out ride him.
I can't wait for the season to start. I don't think Rossi will be stupid with Marquez, but I also think he won't cut him ANY slack after last season. And Marquez better get used to being booed all round the world because Rossi has fans everywhere who were pretty pissed off .
Michelin having serious issues at grand prix level again, shades of the 2005 US F1 Grand Prix at Indianapolis. Source from Motorsport.com
Michelin has withdrawn both rear tyre compounds that have been in use during the Argentina MotoGP weekend, and will instead introduce a new construction of tyre for Sunday’s race.
Pramac Ducati rider Scott Redding’s rear tyre delaminated during fourth practice at Turn 6, causing the session to be stopped twice and prompting concerns about the suitability of Michelin’s medium compound rear around the Termas de Rio Hondo circuit.
The incident was reminiscent of Loris Baz’s blowout during the Sepang test in February, which occurred at high speed and led to a heavy crash for the Frenchman.
Michelin said it would investigate the incident, and following a consultation with team bosses, race direction and IRTA after qualifying, the French firm has decided to withdraw both its medium and hard compound rear tyres from use.
A new type of rear tyre – with a stiffer construction but the same compound as the medium, and which was recently tested by former MotoGP rider Colin Edwards in Qatar – will now be mandatory for all riders.
As such, an extra 30 minute warm-up session will be added to the schedule for Sunday morning to help the riders acclimatise to the new rubber.
Lorenzo voices concerns
Speaking in the post-qualifying press conference, reigning MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo was vocal with his criticism of Michelin, which had previously put Baz's crash in Malaysia down to irregular tyre pressures.
“For sure it’s not the ideal situation, for sure we are not very quiet because we saw three bikes with this problem at the rear," said Lorenzo.
“We hope Michelin investigates well what is happening and in the future we don’t have these kind of problems, because it’s very risky for the riders.
“I don’t know what is happening, but the weight of the rider doesn’t matter, or the [tyre] pressure – this shouldn’t happen in MotoGP
Rumors with Lorenzo going to Ducati over the last few weeks have been going round everywhere, Well now its a sure thing. Source from crash.net
Yamaha has confirmed that reigning MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo will leave at the end of this season.
The factory did not name Lorenzo's new team, or his replacement, but the #99 is set to move to Ducati with Maverick Vinales tipped as favourite to take over his M1 seat.
"Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announces that its partnership with Jorge Lorenzo will be discontinued at the close of the 2016 MotoGP season, when Lorenzo will move on to new racing challenges," read a Yamaha statement.
"Since Lorenzo joined the Yamaha Factory Racing Team in 2008, Lorenzo and Yamaha won three MotoGP World Championships (2010, 2012 and 2015), clinched 41 race wins and have been on the podium 99 times out of 141 races contested.
"Yamaha is extremely grateful for Jorge's contributions to its racing successes and looks forward to sharing more memorable moments during the remaining 15 MotoGP rounds of 2016, their ninth season together.
"Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. wishes Lorenzo the very best in his future racing endeavours and reconfirms the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team's full support on his campaign to achieve his fourth MotoGP title.
"Having already reconfirmed Valentino Rossi for 2017-18, Yamaha will announce the future Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team riders' line-up in due course after securing the services of the second rider."
The usual protocol is for Ducati to now release a statement confirming Lorenzo's arrival...
Ducati have definitely thrown lot of money towards Lorenzo to lure him to the red Duc, Amazing to think that Ducati last race win was back in 2010 with Casey Stoner, that seemed like ages ago when Casey was on the red Duc. Can Lorenzo do what Rossi can't and win on the Duc??
- You're away and have lost touch with when the next race is - you hear somehow that in practices Rossi has done well.... Practises? There's a race? - you're about to go out for the evening( different time zone) when the hotel tv is showing live GP 2 coverage from Jerez - you set out and are wandering along bar streets, when you look in a bar and see the moto GP about to start! - you hastily delay dinner plans and move into a seat in front of the TV ( no commentary just visual, but that's ok) - you ask a couple of Australians who are also planted on front of the TV, "who is on pole?" "Rossi " comes the answer - you watch the race and Rossi reigns supreme! - Minx Marquez is third. Weasel Lorenzo can't keep up with Rossi -AND ROSSI WINS EASILY!!! whoop whoop